At Ready Scotland, we’ve compiled links to the most up-to-date information on any forecast disruptions, be they weather, or traffic related. Use the following information to help you prepare for disruptions coming your way.
- Sign up to receive the latest weather warnings in your area directly from the Met Office. Or download their app for the latest information where you are. To help get the most out of their advice, you may wish to learn more about their warning system, e.g. what the colour of each type of warning means.
- A short video forecast for Scotland is updated and uploaded to YouTube every day.
- During bad weather, responders often issue updates live on Twitter. Even if you don’t have an account, you can read this Severe Weather Updates list we’ve created.
- If you’re travelling by road, Traffic Scotland host an interactive map which provides information on all incidents, roadworks, travel warnings and more on Scotland’s major roads. You can also check live traffic cameras across the country to monitor road conditions before you set off.
- If you live in an area at risk of flooding, you can sign up for free flood messages from SEPA’s Floodline Service. Call 0345 988 1188 or visit the sign up page. For advice on how you can prepare for flooding, visit www.floodlinescotland.org.uk
- If you suffer from a breathing or heart condition, you may benefit by registering with Know and Respond Scotland. This free service provides text message alerts when the air quality is poor, accompanied by targeted health advice.
Local responders, such as the police, your local council, or utility company, will make every effort to publicise other risks in advance once they become aware of them. Keep an eye on news bulletins and official social media channels for the latest advice.