These resources can be used by any group of people who want to consider how they can help their community through any local emergencies in a way which is safe, sustainable and protects the vulnerable.
Ready Scotland Resources
- The Guide to Emergency Planning for Community Groups shows how communities can make that difference by coming together to support each other. It can be used by any community organisation - or by a group of people in a community who want to be more prepared. This guide, along with detailed guidance on how to start and develop your plan, has some helpful examples of good practice.
- Check that your community group has the insurance cover it needs to do the things it wants to do with confidence. The following provides guidance on this: Insurance for Community Resilience Groups
- Health and safety doesn't need to be complicated, and won't stop your group getting involved: Health and Safety for Community Resilience Groups.
Community resilience groups can apply for grants or raise funds for their activities through their local community and businesses.
- The Scottish Centre for Voluntary Organisation has advice on how to secure funding as well as lists of potential sources of funding.
- There is a wealth of information on fund raising on the Resource Centre’s website.
- Foundation Scotland advertise and administer a wide range of grants from public and private sources.
- The Community Council website also lists some sources of funding for community groups too.
Training and Evaluation
- This Evaluation Support Scotland toolkit will help you to understand and tell others the difference your group makes and why it is important. This toolkit can help your group communicate with their wider communities, attract new members, obtain funding and support, and share good practice.
- Community groups can access free online training from Public Health Scotland which covers a wide range of subjects including improving communication, sensible risk assessments, and British Sign Language.
- FutureLearn is another great source of free online learning with hundreds of courses to chose from such as using technology to connect better with others on and offline to making change happen.